24 young people will receive training and support to find work in the sector. Training will also be available for a larger group of young people who are interested in bikes but who are not looking for a career in this sector.
Training on offer
There are 3 levels of training available:
Foundation Training – 1 day
This is a hands on introduction to bike mechanics
Advanced Training – 2 days
Build on the Foundation day and included 1 day bike mechanic training and 1 day personal development and life-skills training
Level 2 City and Guilds Certificate in Cycle Mechanics – 17 days (AKA The Full Monty)
15 days hands on training in a fully equipped workshop, plus 2 days of personal development training around how you can develop a mindset for success.
Professional qualification (normally costing over £1000) to get you started in your career as a bike mechanic
Support with action planning and helping you to find work placements when you qualify
Who Should Apply?
- Young people age 16 – 24
- Residents of the London Borough of Lambeth
- Currently not in Education, Employment or Training
- Passionate about bikes and/or bicycle maintenance
- Interested in a career in the bike sector, either as a mechanic or starting your own bike repair business
- Strong desire to develop yourself, gain new skills and build on existing ones
Further information can be found at www.bikemechanix.com
Source Love Lambeth - Free bike maintenance training for young people